Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Thomas Turner (1664-1744) Will

   THOMAS TURNER
born Abt. 1664 in Frederick Co. Virginia, and died June 1744 in Frederick Co. Virginia
was married to Susannah Anthony
WILL OF THOMAS TURNER
Frederick Co., Virginia Will Book 1:24-26.
In the Name of God Amen, the 10th day of February, in the Year of our Lord, 1743.
 I Thomas Turner in the County of Frederick and Colony of Virginia being very sick
& weak in Body but of Perfect mind & memory Thanks be Given unto God Therefore
 calling into Mind the Mortality of my Body and knowing it is appointed for all
Men to Die do make & ordain this my Last Will and Testament that is to say
Principally & first of all I give and recom'd my soul into the hands of God that
gave it, and for my Body I recomand it to the Earth to be Buried in a Christian
 like form at the Discretion of my Exuter for nothing Doubting but at the General
Resurection I shall Receive the same again by the Mighty Power of God & as touching
 such Wordily Estate whereinwith it hath Pleased God to Bless me in this Life
I give & dispose of the same in the following manner and for  Imprimus It is my
Will and I do Order that in the First place all my Just Debts and Funeral Charges
be paid and satisfied and
Ten pound out of my whole estate to my son Anthony Turner
further it is my design to continue with him during my life.
Item I give to my Son John Turner Five Shillings
Item I give to my Son Robert Turner Five Shillings
Item I give to my Daughter Ann Sutton Five Shillings
Item I give to my Daughter Sarah Pickren Five Shillings
Further as I said before I design to live with my son Anthony Turner during my life to be maintained out of my substance.
Item Further it is my will & desire when what I have already mentioned is paid what is Remaining to be equally Divided between my son Anthony Turner and Roger Turner and likewise my son Anthony Turner I constitute make and ordain my only & Executor of this my last Will and Testament all & singular my Goods and Chattles Lands Messages or Tenaments to his Heirs and Assigns forever after my Decease he performing all what I have already mentioned and I do hereby Disalow revoke and Disanull all other former Testaments Wills Legues and Enno by me in any ways before this time Named Willed and Bequeathed Ratifing and Confirming this and no others to be my Last Will and Testament. In witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand the Day & Year before Written.
Thomas Turner (TT) [his mark]
Pronounced and declared by the said Thomas Turner in the Presencs of us the Subscribers Thop Norwood, Robert Ewins, Mathew Ewins.
At a court held for Frederick County of Fryday the 8th Day of June 1744. This Last Will & Testament of Thomas Turner Daced was Proved in Open Court by Robert Ewins & Mathew Ewins two of the Witnesses therein who made Oath that they join Thoephilus Norwood sign the  same as a Witness: and Anthony Turner Esq. therein Named having made Oath thereto according to Law the same is admitted to Record.
INVENTORY OF ESTATE
1 Dec 1744, 6 Nov 1744. Value of estate given as 22 pounds, 1 shilling, 8 1/2 pence
 for cash (Pennsylvania currency), crops (rye and wheat),
 farming utensils, horses, household items and furniture,
stock and wearing apparel,
report taken by Thomas Swearingen, Richard Morgan and Thomas Shepard,
 report submitted to the court by his executor Anthony Turner. Book 1:33.

No comments:

Post a Comment